Sunday, May 18, 2008

....In these last days......

Okay, we had an awesome worship time this morning. After church, we took our birthmother out for lunch to celebrate her birthday privately with just us and my parents. We had a great time. She really enjoyed the fun conversations and laughing at Jaydon being silly and his blessings that he had to say 4 or 5 times throughout the lunch.

Afterward, I drove her back to the church to get her car. We talked all the way there and laughed. We also sat in the parking lot and talked once we had reached the church. We speculated on when the baby would come and how everything will play out (which we do everyday). We planned a few things in our minds of what she wants to happen and when after the baby is born.

I know it sounds strange to be discussing things like that, and trust me there are times that I sit back and think....this is so weird....in a good way! But, as our time together comes to an end, we have laughed and joked around about our journey thus far. She can't wait to stop having to wear maternity clothes. I just laugh! Because there was a time in my life that I would have done anything to be in her position (of wearing maternity clothes), but God had other plans.

She tells me all the time how easy I have it not having to go through all of weight gain, uncomfortableness, and pain. I tell her I know....and laugh. Because now I have no desire to have to go through that myself. It's funny how over time God can change your heart's desire. When you focus on him.

We really are going to miss spending our special times together. Tomorrow morning we have a doctor's appointment and we will find out what progress she has made since last Monday. She told me she was up all night hurting really bad and she started timing them and then she would stop. So we will see tomorrow.

I hope that if you are reading this you will stop for a second and pray for everyone involved in this process, from the physicians to the nurses and of course all of us too. But I ask that you especially pray for her as this is a very difficult time that we are about to enter and even though you can be prepared in some ways, I know from past experiences that there is no way that you can prepare yourself for what's about to happen.

I thank you in advance for the prayers. We know that we have had many people across several states praying for us already and we can sense that and we feel it. I might post again tonight after church, but if not it will be in the afternoon, after our doctor visit.

No comments: